Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update for Gambia 4 life

Just catching up on your postings no holding back from you.

Well I'm off tomorrow for a few weeks so ill give you a better update when I return.

Was there last month I know it was the start of the season but it was very quiet much quieter than last year. The plane had plenty of seats more so than in the summer. The airport same nonsense was more porters than passengers I think. Lots of cases were opened and riffled. Stayed two nights in the Kombo was very quiet lots of ex pats about during the day.

Taxis were a joke charging tourist a bomb most tourist were going on organised tour operator trips frightened off I think.

Lots and lots of bumpsters about.

People(tourist) were moaning about the prices though I never saw a lot of difference guess it depended on where you ate etc.

Its still roughly 39d-40d depending on how hard you haggle. Ive heard the street vendors round the market selling food have now been told to quit or have their stuff taken away the people are hurting.

Glad you liked the pics its the Denzel smile that does it ill pass on the compliments maybe if I was 10 years younger or 15 years more naive but right now not even an option.

Take care have a great new year somehow I think you will and play nicely
Love me xx

Re: Update for Gambia 4 life

this rifling through luggage at customs really is my pet hate. Just ruins the start of the holidays no matter who it happens to. A stern glare put them off trying to open our cases but to new comers to the country its really frightening and intimidating. In fact it's just plain wrong. We are currently considering whether to go away again next month but this sort of activity just makes you think that its not worth the hassle any more

Re: Re: Update for Gambia 4 life

Thanks for the update though ive missed ya lucky girl having fun in the sun.
Ha ha def the denzel smile id go for it oppppppps

Ellie i agree it gets right on your nerves and why should you have to pay a tax??? on something you have already been taxed on.
The figures ive just read are way down almost by half on last year and the majority of first timers say they wouldnt go back.