THE MORRISTON FORUM

A discussion area for all things concerning Morriston
THE MORRISTON FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ivor John Rees 1915

I was born and grew up in my grandfather's home in Burry Port. His name was Ivor John Rees, born 1915 in Morriston. He hadn't been the most virtuous husband, we called him Lord. My friends still laugh about this almost 50 years later but I guess we never thought anything of it. His name was Lord or grampy to us and I was very fond of him. He died in 1979 and we never met any of his family members. I have lived in the US for over 25 years now and almost all my older family members have passed. The only information I have of him is that his mother's name was Sarah? He had a brother who was deaf and dumb, another sibling emigrated to Australia and another was a Swansea mayor. Through DNA, some of my matches are Thomas; Arnold; Lewis; Huzy (Hussey, Huzzey) and others. I am hoping somebody sees this as I had messaged the Camera Club's President a few years ago after seeing a story written by Paul Rees. Unfortunately Paul didn't get in touch. I know REES is a very common name but someone has to remember the family. Fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Sian
sianmedway@hotmail.com