Watchmen On The Wall Forum

Welcome to the Watchmen On The Wall Forum

Isaiah 62:6

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, [which] shall never hold their peace day or night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

If you would like to post, please send me an email at hogwoodk@gmail.com
Dreams
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why Jesus cannot be a sacrifice for sins (According to the bible)

A sacrifice is something that someone gives up and does not get back, ever. That is how it worked in the Old Testament. If God does not change, no one can change the rules of the game. Not Jesus, not Apostle Paul, noone. You don't like that, but it's the honest truth.

There are 5 main types of sacrifices, or offerings, in the Old Testament.

1. The burnt offering (Leviticus 1; 6:8–13; 8:18-21; 16:24)
2. The grain offering (Leviticus 2; 6:14–23)
3. The peace offering (Leviticus 3; 7:11–34)
4. The sin offering (Leviticus 4; 5:1–13; 6:24–30; 8:14–17; 16:3–22)
5. The trespass offering (Leviticus 5:14–19; 6:1–7; 7:1–6)

Jesus does not fit any of these 5 types of sacrifice.

The narrative of Jesus dying for our sins does not logically make sense, either.

A. Did God sin and had to make a sacrifice for us? No. Why would God punish himself for someone else's mistakes?

B. Jesus cannot be God because his will and God's will were not aligned. First of all, Jesus did not want to die on the cross for anyone. In fact, he tried to avoid it at all costs. Perhaps the most poignant prayer in the Bible is the one in the Garden of Gethsemane: “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will” (Matthew 26:39). Later, He cried out "My God, My God, Why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46.

C. If Jesus is your sacrifice, that means He could not return in the future, ever.

VERY IMPORTANT

*** A sacrifice is a one-time offering to God, where individuals give something up and do not get anything back in return.***

Please do not quote Apostle Paul. He invented his own religion, after the fact. The Same with the book of John. All that was written after the facts.

Re: Why Jesus cannot be a sacrifice for sins (According to the bible)

AL
A sacrifice is something that someone gives up and does not get back, ever. That is how it worked in the Old Testament. If God does not change, no one can change the rules of the game. Not Jesus, not Apostle Paul, noone. You don't like that, but it's the honest truth.

There are 5 main types of sacrifices, or offerings, in the Old Testament.

1. The burnt offering (Leviticus 1; 6:8–13; 8:18-21; 16:24)
2. The grain offering (Leviticus 2; 6:14–23)
3. The peace offering (Leviticus 3; 7:11–34)
4. The sin offering (Leviticus 4; 5:1–13; 6:24–30; 8:14–17; 16:3–22)
5. The trespass offering (Leviticus 5:14–19; 6:1–7; 7:1–6)

Jesus does not fit any of these 5 types of sacrifice.

The narrative of Jesus dying for our sins does not logically make sense, either.

A. Did God sin and had to make a sacrifice for us? No. Why would God punish himself for someone else's mistakes?

B. Jesus cannot be God because his will and God's will were not aligned. First of all, Jesus did not want to die on the cross for anyone. In fact, he tried to avoid it at all costs. Perhaps the most poignant prayer in the Bible is the one in the Garden of Gethsemane: “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will” (Matthew 26:39). Later, He cried out "My God, My God, Why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46.

C. If Jesus is your sacrifice, that means He could not return in the future, ever.

VERY IMPORTANT

*** A sacrifice is a one-time offering to God, where individuals give something up and do not get anything back in return.***

Please do not quote Apostle Paul. He invented his own religion, after the fact. The Same with the book of John. All that was written after the facts.
The resurrection of Jesus has proved God is able to defeat death and so He Will raise all deceased saints at the rapture as Paul said it.