Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Garmin Edge 705 maps

Tom, the maps i located fr you the other year, did they work or did you buy some new ones on a sim or DVD?

i find i am in need of TOPO and or road maps for the whole UK, can i "borrow" yours?

does anyone else have som Garmin maps i can borrow?

Re: Garmin Edge 705 maps

Pat

I have a free open source map from http://www.mapomatic.net/garmin-maps-download/ has full UK street maps on it and contours. Not great for off-road routes but you can plan routes on websites like gpsies.com or bikeroutetoaster and upload to the Edge. You will need a 2Gb micro SD card to load it

Hi Pat,

I got the Topo maps on a micro-SD card for about £50. They cover just the South of the UK up to and including Wales and the Peak District. I tried to load the ones you gave me onto another micro-SD card but had some sort of failure and I can't recall why.

As discussed last night, you're welcome to borrow my maps.

Regards

TOM

i can sort something out for you mate, shoot us a line at drunkeeddan@hardwaresquad.co.uk or if you want to see me at work, I work at discount autoparts (raleigh cyclelife bitch amongst other things) on newmarket road.

Dan.

'Halfords' Dan, as I live and breathe! Last time I saw you you sold me a very nice LX chain.

Isn't it about time you came back into our fold?

PT

Hello Tom, how we keeping?

After the pace 303 was stolen from park street (yes really ) I built up a 2006 speccy enduro, it's a bit on the heavy side and I'm a bit onthe unfit side to be riding with you bunch of whippets, lol

Hi Guys,
Tony thanks for your free option, i will give that a try tonight and see how it goes.
Tom, if Tony's free maps don't provide sufficient detail for LEJOG then i would love to take you up on the map of the south option, i will get the central and northern Topo Maps and trade.
Dan, is that the motor shop next to what used to be the sex shop? laugh it up everyone! i only knew that because when you are lying on the path bleeding on the floor you tend to look for landmarks if you need extraction......i have a big scar to prove it....and i will show it!

Lol yeah that's the one, I can put the full thing onto a cd and give it you if there is no joy with the other options mate.