Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Over epic

Good route Tom! Thanks very much for leading it.

And thanks very much to the fit guy whose name I don't know who towed us most of the way back to Cambridge at 20 mph!

Paul

Re: Over epic

Yeah, great ride Tom. Thanks! Home by midnight with 38 miles covered. Shame you didn't warn me there would be toads on the (mis)guided busway...AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Thanks Tom for a brilliant ride. I particularly liked the finale - dropping out of the undergrowth right by the pub, true to the tradition of the CMBC.

Thanks also to Duncan for towing me most of the way home - 39.5 miles up.

pete

Thanks for an epic ride Tom - legs are feeling a little abused today, but twas worth it
If you could arrange for similar weather next Thursday, that'd be great

Yep, nice ride, Pasty! Too hot for my liking really - could we have some snow back?

I got a few photos last night that are OK-ish - here they are on Flickr.

Cheers
Dom

Nice ride Tom, Nice photos Dom............. are you any relation to Dagenham Dave?

Hi,

Glad you all enjoyed it - worth doing the miles on such a mild and light evening, I think.

I did cut out some of the bits at the end I had planned, but that was more than made up for with the change at the start with the inclusion of the blue bridge!

I was up bright and early (and bleary!) for a family trip to Legoland on Friday. What a glutton for punishment!

Nice photos, Dom.

PT

I've now added one of the originals worked on in PhotoShop. Amazing what you can do with the Shadows and Highlights command...

The original does look good as the forum picture, though.

Dom

Loving the piccies Dom!!!