Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rich + G's magical mystery tour

I know it's a day early, but as I've just reminded the pub that we'll be dropping in at about 10pm tomorrow night, I thought I'd post to let you know that we've got a magical route in store for you tomorrow night (well, it'll be a nice bimble around the hills of Cambridge anyway ...)
If you care to join us, we'll see you tomorrow night

Rich + G

Re: Rich + G's magical mystery tour

I'll be there!
(I'm assuming you're not actually IN THE PUB at this time in the afternoon...if so, you must be in the other bar)

I'll be there - probably with waterproofs & wellies on!!

geordynige

well, if you believe the BBC weather map, it should be dry tomorrow

I'll hopefully be out, is the destination pub a secret? Only ask as I'm nowhere near as fit as you guys and I've previously driven to the destination pubs as I tend to use up all of my energy getting there

Rich + G's magical mystery tour (if anyone is going to do a "Dom")

Rob (and anyone else who's going to do a Dom),

The plan is to keep the pub a secret, but if you want to drive your car there, I can tell you where it is - email me at
richie_mills at yahoo dot com

cheers,
Rich

Re: Rich + G's magical mystery tour (if anyone is going to do a "Dom")

Thanks, I've just e-mailed you

Hi Rich would you kindly e-mail me the destination pub so I know if the ride is feasible (less than 1 hour home again). Thanks

Tom

Hi Rich and G,

Sorry - I'm not out this week as I'm preparing for this weekend's Polaris Challenge in the Peaks. Wish me luck!

PT

Seems like you're going to a lot of trouble to avoid tonights ride - Good Luck!!

i will be out for a bimble, do i need to bring wellies and a bog snorkle or will Razers be ok for tonight?

good luck PT.

you can leave yr snorkel at home ...

Thanks Pat - good luck with your aqualungs tonight.

unfortunately not out tonight either, hopefully out next Tuesday for a final pre-Mayhem bimble.

hey Rich,
if it does not give too much away, roughly how far / how long will it be from the pub back to town?

Pat - I think he said less than 10 in an earlier thread. Whether that was miles or km I don't recall...

Anyway, planning on riding tonight. Not sure what bike/tyres to use though.

Paul

i think i will risk the razors and pray for it to be dry.
if it's wet then i could be putting in a bid for crash of the year.

Hi Rich, Sorry I can't make it either, hope it all goes well & remember............watch out for them badgers!!

Re: Rich + G's Badger Hunt

No worries Duncan - will keep our eyes peeled!
I've already run over 1 rabbit this week (on the genome path - the little fella must have lost the will to live, as he doubled back at the last minute and dived under my front wheel ... ), so the wildlife around Cambridge is definitely not safe ...

There's quite a few pubs that are about 10km or so away from Cambridge, one of which being the pub we're going to tonight

Boo hoo!! Just been to Doc's and have a nasty throat infection - antibiotics & rest for me -bugger!!!
Have a great ride
Geordynige

I had intended to be out but got held up at work so unfortunatly not going to be able to make it.

Have a good ride. Should be dry but windy.

Mike

In the end, where was the pub?

It was the "Hole in the Wall" at Lt. Wilbraham

Thanks Rich and G. Great ride and a nice pub too!

Mm seconded. I suggest the RLC put the pub on the runslist again too.

Paul

Thanks for the info. The pub must be bigger than I thought as I've heard its a very good restaurant too - must make a visit sometime.