Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
out to play tomorrow night again !

im going to drag the bike out of the shed tomorrow night.
second ride in years, the other one was with you lot..

please tell me that its not an epic !

Jaden

Re: out to play tomorrow night again !

hi guys. new to Cambridge and looking at coming riding tomorrow night.

just picked up twin 10watt light so will charge / attach to my bike tonight. will these be powerful enough?

see you tomorrow night!

well im still using a vistalite 5w flood for my main light so i guess so..
only my second time riding around cambs myself and im unfit, lokking for company at the back

well, hore he hore he hore..... What do you know of the risks of the vtt

I used to ride back home in NZ most weekends.

Have been night riding a couple of time so know what to expect, although never in the UK.

As for the dangers of vtt?
When going fast avoid things that are stationary

If this is the Black Horse Dry Drayton thread, I'll be out tonight.

like the ground

not out this week as i am taking it easy before Mountain Mayhem this week end.

if you guys are lucky the other Fast riders will be taking it easy as well. don't wory about it being an epic, finishing in Dry Drayton usualy means a spin around the singletrack in the trees at BarHill and a blast across the fields at Longstanton/Oakington. it has been dry for a few days so it will be fine dry fast rolling ride. i'm sure one of the regulars will keep in contact at all the turns

Re: out to play tonight night again !

I'm hoping to be out tonight.

See you all later

Paul

Hoping to be out tonight particularly if the fast boys are resting-up. I might get to stay in the same field as the guy up front!

Mike

Me out tonight.

Black Horse, Dry Drayton

Good ride last night , up to 22:00hrs that is, when it became apparent that the village lived up to its name.

The pub was said to be shut, but all the lights were on. Did they not like to the look of us? Or, were they just closing early I wonder.

Hope the newbies were not too disheartened, and that Oliver got back OK sans front lights.

Re: Black Horse, Dry Drayton

Yea got home fine thanks!

The last 500m were the hardest on my poor unfit legs though!