Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Queen Adelaide, Croydon

My legs and arms are still pumped from the weekend's exertions, so I'm raring to go this evening! (at least for the first mile )

I'm assuming that the Mayhemmers will be resting and packing so it'll be a relaxing, if long, bimble for the rest of us.

Anyone else out? Anyone else left??!!

PT

Re: Queen Adelaide, Croydon

I prefer to "Do a Dom" & park at the destination pub then cycle into town to meet you lot as I'm up at 0500 in the morning, however, I've just looked up where Croydon is & dont fancy a 12 Mile treck into town before we start so I'll give tonight a miss. I'm going out solo in a bit to see if I can find that "devils dyke" that we went on last Thursday. See you next week. Cheers. Rob.

I think I've negotiated a lifting of the thumb so will hopefully be out.

Paul

Hurray! That's two of us out tonight....who will join us to form the Three Amigos?

We love, We fight, We RIDE!

PT

I'm hoping to be out tonight but I think I'll give the loving bit a miss if it's all the same to you.

Mike

You can be half an amigo then

I'm doing 10TT almost to Croydon and back. Might see you at the pub if I feel up to it afterwards. Hope its open.....

So how was the loving, fighting, and riding ? And what did Digs have to do to get the thumb lifted ? All very intriguing...tell us more

Thanks very much for the motor assistance back to the Eversden x-roads Bosey. I just couldnt face going over the Col de Orwell on a bicycle three times in one evening......

Good luck to all in the forthcoming MM

The loving was tempestuous....
The fighting was rumbustuous....
The riding was out of this world.

On the way back, Diggers took us over the hill...twice.

PT