Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Male, age 40, seeks partner for BIG adventure on Thursday evening

Male, age 40, seeks offroad biking partner for BIG adventure in Cambridgeshire on Thursday 1st July. Lacking recent experience but with a track record of long term commitment to CamMTB. Current fitness levels slightly below desired norm but proven navigation skills should make up the deficit. Recent bike upgrades precision fitted but as yet untested. Will supply own GPS and backup map. Seeking partner with similar finely-tuned fitness and bike maintenance approach. Must have own bike and a genuine interest in real ale. Lager louts need not apply.

Please send personal resume highlighting any key assets, bike or otherwise, to richardjsloan at ntlworld.com.

Re: Male, age 40, seeks partner for BIG adventure on Thursday evening

Richard,

Ordinarily I would, but I think it might be seen as cheating this time and I'd have to disqualify myself.

Still, I could always change the rules so that we won. (Now there's a thought)

PT

Similar aged Male of proven stamina but not necessarily any good at map reading also looking for partner for ride and may be more……Drinking before you all ask the wrong questions.

I am looking for a gentle-ish ride on Thursday so don’t worry about struggling to keep up Richard.

If you are happy to partner me then we could be team Scott

'Team Scott' - I like!

Sounds like a match made in heaven Team Scott it is then, thanks Pat!

Richard

Team Scott works on so many levels.
i was thinking of the bikes, but explorers and also the MTB team spring to mind.

team sorted