Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Loan male with no Satnav would like to team up with someone tomorrow

Hi Tom et al
Would like to ride tomorrow. Can I tag along with someone?

The blackberry will pick up e-mails
Is the rendezvous at the cross keys at 7.30? That wretched thing called work has been interfering with my midweek mountain biking. Am out of the office tomorrow - Thurs?

cheers

Tom R

Tom R

Re: Loan male with no Satnav would like to team up with someone tomorrow

Hi
I'm also a loan male with no Sat Nav. You any good with maps?
Cheers
Rob

Cheers Rob: Sounds like we have a team

Yup I can read a map, and have even checked out Pasty's checkpoints. Would be happy to team up.

Meet you at the Start. I will be wearing a Marmite Shirt for easy recognition.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Cheers Rob: Sounds like we have a team

Excellent, see you tomorrow, I'll give you a shout when I see you, hopefully there wont be 2 marmite wearing licra clad bikers.
I'm going to do a Dom & park at the pub & cycle into town, if my map reding skills are correct the destination pub should be 9 High St, Fulbourn.
Cheers
Rob

Hi Tom,

Yes - usual rendezvous point, 7:30 pm in Brookside. You'll need a few minutes planning time once I've given out the maps / scores.

Any particular name you want to give your team with Rob?

Tom

My proposal

PT's Lonely Hearts Club (Success Story)

cheers

Tom R

How will I recognise you?

I propose we rendezvous at 7.15

cheeers

Tom