Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bell @ Balsham

Hi All,

I'm expecting to be out tonight. Anyone else?

TOM

Re: Bell @ Balsham

Hope to be out tonight...

Ding dong ! James and I should be out.

why not - seems like a perfectly good evening for a bimble out to the Bell @ Balsham

Sorry going to wimp out tonight, got soaked riding into work and then on my home again !

Likewise got pretty damp on the way home so am going to wimp out as well

Me too, having just found out from Paul L that it's rained all day in Cambridge and all points south (i.e. where were supposed to be riding).

Also, have strangely lost my hearing in my right ear so, all in all, best to defer to Thursday.

PT

Rich and I had a great ride, no rain although a bit muddy. Chatted to three people about joining us of an evening at Brookside and then another at the pub.

Bit crazy when the number of prospective new people out numbered the people riding by 2 to 1.

Cheers,

Jonathon

Re: Bell @ Balsham - bunch of slackers

Well I never heard such a load of excuses ... too wet to ride??
At least PT came up with a half decent one - deaf in one ear! I hadn't realised you were navigating using sonar though Pasty - impressive
Depending on how much rain we get today, I may be out tonight .......

Yeah, it was an odd one. The hearing came back gradually but I couldn't hear well in that ear until the following day.

My sonar was disrupted, but at least I don't navigate by touch, like Pat does.

yep - i ride using the brail method.....lots of small bumps - good, no bumps - warning, big bump - ouch.

well i will be out on the trails tonight regardless of the weather.