Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Plough and Fleece

Should be riding tonight if I am back in time. Cheers. Tom R

Re: Plough and Fleece

I don't want to get my bike dirty - do you think there'll be any mud on the trail tonight?

If its not raining when I leave work I plan to ride tonight, not sure I will make the start but should get to the pub.

I'm planning to be out, but work and weather may intervene.

If it's really pissing down, I'll stay at home and wash my hair.

PT

i'm going to be out so i can get my dirty bike clean, if there are any puddles.

I'll be out and I'll be riding in from the plough & fleece. Hopefully no punctures on the way in tonight. Cheers. Rob.

Sadly I won't be out. I wasn't so impressed with Pasty's excuse for Tuesday (although I couldn't hear it properly - speak up, Pasty), but have a much better one myself. I had two verrucae (one on each foot) frozen yesterday , and can now barely walk, let alone pedal. Damn! And I'd even bought and fitted new pedals ready...

Hope to see you Tuesday
Dom

That's a lame excuse Dom. I am planning to ride.

I know. It's a bit limp, isn't it...

Pasty was on fine form tonight, he was wearing his best cliples crocks.

Amazing.

23.3 miles in crocs. It's the way to go, folks.

I remembered my shoes, but only when I was on the M11 heading to town.

A good ride, and I saw 3 meteors on the way home.

PT

3 meteors ... which beer were you drinking last night??

Clearly not enough of whatever it was!

PT