Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show us yours

Hi Peeps, Who is leading the ride on Thurs? only I would like to know the Pub/location, after all im in the whimp catergory. No im def not offering to lead the ride.

Re: Show us yours

I had mentioned I would, but unfortunately work requires me to be elsewhere. Sorry.

Cheers,

Jonathon

How about the Blue Ball? We can do almost anything and finish there. Just a short hop back to town, and good beer!
Might be a problem if there's loads of us though.
Any other suggestions?

Blue Ball sounds good (I wont bother suggesting the white thingey in Foxton!), and the weather is looking super duper. I do believe they serve rather fine cider there too ! Hoping to be out tomorrow.

Blue Ball sounds good to me too, although not sure about the cider!

cider?....did i hear someone mention cider?...count me in!

Blue ball and cider sound good to me!

That sounds like the pub-stop's sorted then.

But who will lead and "show us their's" in getting there? Any takers?

I can try to dream-up a route for approval by the posse....

PT

Re: cider?....did i hear someone mention cider?...count me in!

Hi All
Where's the Blue Ball? Grantchester?
Hope to see you all tomorrow
Cheers
Rob

Re: cider?....did i hear someone mention cider?...count me in!

Blue ball it is then, Rob, add is 57 Broadway Grantchester

Hi,

I am not coming today, see you next week!

Today you will be free of any technical problem, I hope ... ;)

Not going to be able to make it tonight, I will have to have a glass of cider at home ! Enjoy the ride. See you out next week.