Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Final Ride

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the rides guys - I have decided to focus on other interests.
(well it turns out I was wrong about that pink bike after all!) Ride hard on those hills....

James

Re: Final Ride

Does that mean the PINK bike is 4 sale???

It will be re-incarnated I guess. Take it easy Shelton.

James

Hey James, sorry to hear that. What other interests? - I'm intrigued! Crochet? Peruvian stamp collecting?

Final is a strong word - never say never...

Dom

P.S. You seemed very comfortable and confident with the pink!

James, Im interested in any of the running gear if you want to sell? Pink aint my colour hunny. I hear the word on the street is your getting back on a road bike?.... I hav'nt been on a road bike for some time after getting drafted by artic's on A1 and A505 doing time trails it was pretty hairy, however im getting back on a road bike in next few weeks. If your up for some rides and ear ache rolled into one give me a shout. All the best sorry that your calling it a day with cam mtb.

Hi mate - my Peruvian stamp book is pretty much complete now, so I'll probably stick to my cycling one way or another, besides Pearse is getting way to fast for his own good so I better keep up with the old training just in case our paths cross again. I would love to keep on with cammtb but Katie and I are giving each other some space - a lot of space, in fact a very huge amount of space. So there you go, my wheels are tied.

Take it easy, JV

Oops!

Hi James,

I've been thinking of writing something all day, but it's difficult to find anything meaningful when things like this happen. Suffice to say that it's been great riding with you and hope that final does not mean final.

Tom

Thanks mate - really difficult at the moment but Katie needs you guys so there you go. Well, you are right 'never say never'. Watch out for the gay pink bike! james