Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dusk til Dawnie, results r up

Well done to all that competed in this years event, I must say it was hard going. Im very pleased with my times. The team I raced with at last mintute were Brown & Gammons, Give it some Berries, I must say how brave they where to put up with me and experiancing ear ache at 2am, He........He........ They asked me If I would go first me being me and not clearly thinking that I was unaware about a rolling start {b*stards}.. However I got out there on my YZ250 on the first lap less the plastics. my times are 1.05.48. lap 2/3 on singlespeed, 1.35.15, lap 3 1.24.06.Did anyone see me come in on the last lap less no brakes? nearly knocked down some spectators, Oooops.

Re: Dusk til Dawnie, results r up

Well done Shelton, glad you got a team ride in the end. Well-done to all who competed under very challenging conditions! Good results all round especially Paul & Pat who stuck it out to the bitter end with a great result- awesome guys

Cheers Rick, it was erm.... challenging, to say the least.

Shelton, well done, they were good times for a single speed in those conditions, it must have been hard. Paul said he heard you out on the trail just behind him as he was finishing.

well done all who raced and all who considered it. smae again next year?

What's the link for the results? The Thetford MTB racing site doesn't seem to have them yet?

Paul

Results are here

http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EVENTREPORT.aspx?eventid=141HighLodge02/10/2010

Ta. So you two were 8th in the pairs? Well done!

What was the story with the 2h 26' lap?

Paul

Pat, you dont have to be polite! I think I was in brandon when paul must of heard me.........

That was a long and lonely lap. The course was pretty much unrideable at that point and it seemed like most riders had retired to their tents.

The 8th place was the result of Pat's very competitive lap times and our sticking at it while other pairs lost the will to live.

you certainly weren't as close as I thought you were, however the sound of your dulcet tones was enough to drive me to the line

i must admit we all seemed to survive the race without any mechanicals.

i saw a lot of riders with broken bikes out there. on my last lap as i came out of the porridge hole formerly called "the skip", there was some unfortunate rider trying to separate his power link as he had ripped his rear mech off. i didn't realise until i was about half a mile down the track i had some needle nose pliers with me, well i can tell you there was no chance i was going to go back that far!

Paul's description of the state of the track just reminds me of the horror story of 2 years ago when a full blown Atlantic depression settled upon East Anglia and it rained for more than 13 hours non-stop.

Next year then!

PT