Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight and Xmas Meal Date

Hi All,

Unless things change, I'm due to go to Swavesey Village College open evening with my son this evening so I've had to cancel my cycling ( )

What I wanted to do was to canvass folks upon their preferred dates for the Xmas meal - 14th or 16th December.

Personally, I prefer the 16th (Thursday) because it's closer to the weekend and I don't mind staying out so late. What are your preferences? We'll go with the majority, unless the majority says Tuesday

Once we know the date, we can book a suitable pub.

Regards

TOM

Re: Tonight and Xmas Meal Date

i can make either day at this stage.

So can I, Pat, but what's your preference?

I'd prefer Thursday. Tony

I'd prefer Thursday too
Cheers
Rob

thursday for me as well, and my prefered venue would be the Castle.

thursday for me as well, and my prefered venue would be the Castle.

Foxton Tonight and Xmas Meal Date

I'll be out riding tonight, and both proposed Christmas dinner dates are good as far as I am concerned. The Castle has been excellent for the past few years. it gets my vote. Cheers Tom R

Should be out tonight-any date for me, Castle good

Re: Foxton Tonight and Xmas Meal Date

Dont mind on venue, though thurs would be better.

Re: Foxton Tonight and Xmas Meal Date

Thursday please. See you all later.

Re: Tonight and Xmas Meal Date - Thursday

I'll be out ridinig tonight - Thursday works best for G and I, and the Castle is a 5 min walk from our house so it gets our vote as well

Hi Tom,

Thursday and the Castle is my preference. Thanks Pete

Xmas Meal Date Confirmed - Thursday 16th Dec

Just an update - Paul Lyons has reserved Thurs 16th Dec. at the Castle for this years X-Mas party - more detials to come .....

Re: Xmas Meal Date Confirmed - Thursday 16th Dec

well in that case my preference is thursday

Sorry all, I can't make it. Getting married, or something equally unimportant.
Ads.

Dont do it Adam, bin ther dun it and its a waste of money. Think how many nice hols and lush bikes you could buy???? Now thats a thought....

Hi Rich n Paul, whoever is taking the list pencil me in as im aloud out to the xmas do and I will be on my best behavour that night as I simply cant afford to supply a hi number of ear plugs.

Shelton "aloud" out...tee hee!

has anyone volunteered to be mum this year and collect deposits for the meal, and to chase everyone for their menu selections?
is there a menu for this year yet?

Well volunteered Pat!

I will put myself forwards in collecting cash/menu pref only if you get stuck.Shelton's policy is if ya dont pay you get knee capped with my baseball bat.

allow me to introduce Shelton's big brothers.....Ronnie and Regie

Shelton, are you also taking down names?

I am in for the Christmas meal

Cheers
GN