Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHRISTMAS DINNER - the latest...

The nights are drawing in, the air's getting colder, the mud's getting stickier. It can only mean one thing!

The CamMTB Christmas dinner is on Thursday December 16th at the Castle in Cambridge. We've got the room reserved and we've got the menu. Now we need to know who's coming and what you want to eat...

PLEASE could you tell us by clicking this link.

Paul L needs a tenner from everyone coming to cover the deposit, so please let him (or another one of the RFC) have that ASAP!

Thanks
Dom

Re: CHRISTMAS DINNER - the latest...

Great little survey Dom, very talented!!

Do you know what time it starts? I potentially have early drinks in Peterborough & could do with knowing what time to get back for

Cheers
GN

7:30 on 16 December

The Castle is booked for 7:30 on 16 December for the Xmas bash.

Re: 7:30 on 16 December

Clare and I want to attend if there's still room. Am in process of getting £20 to Paul. Did try to foist £20 on one of the Coven last night but had second thoughts when St Edmunds ale was seen to be imbibed by said coven member.

I can just about classify as a cammtb rider this year. I did come out twice and also met up with Pete, Claire and Ade for a weekend in the North Downs.

Anyway, Claire is also coming from what I know so will get the deposit to Paul via Claire.

Clem

Hi Dom & Paul,
Sorry I haven't been out to give you the deposit for the Xmas doo - hope that it is still ok for me to come?

Cheers
Geordynige

Paging Geordynige

Hi Nige
Don't worry about the deposit, just pay everything on Thursday.
Cheers,
Paul

Re: Paging Geordynige

Cheers Paul,
See you Thurs

Clem you have a memory like a seive. There is no way biking on the north downs was this year. I have not ridden my mountain bike anywhere exciting this year! And wasn't it with Dan not Pete last time we went?? (it was end of last year)

Hi, unfortunately I cannot come tonight, as I have somehow managed to catch a quite decent cold. Just want to let you know in case spcae is an issue.

Have fun, Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I've had the flu for 2 days but I'm hauling myself out there - you can sit next to me if you like and we can guess what the food smells like.

Regards (get well soon)

PT