Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAM MTB AWARDS!! Get your NOMINATIONS in NOW!

Hi All,

Somewhat later than I expected, here are the categories for this year's CAMMTB Awards. I've compiled them from your wonderful ideas. Next stage is NOMINATIONS.

I've got some ideas of who to nominate, but please contact me BY EMAIL (don't post here) with your nominations for each of the categories. My email addresses are attached.

Here are the awards categories:-

1. Least put-off /most persistent newcomer of the year
2. Worst Adherence to the Use of English on the Forum
3. Best Tues/Thurs Ride
4. Instigator of the most "exciting/alternate" ride of the year
5. Crasher of the year
6. Best Comedy-off
7. Bike wrecker of the year
8. Navigator of the year (leader hasn't got a clue where we are going)
9. Best bling bike/Pimped Ride of the Year
10. Cheapskate of the year – clearly the least amount of money spent on bike
11. Least Sensible Rider
12. Rider That Looks Most Like or is constantly mistaken for someone else
13. Nicest, Most Polite Rider
14. Least Polite /Drunkest / Rudest Rider
15. Rider of the Year

Nominations close in a week, then there will be a short time to vote before the BIG night on the 16th.

Who will be your nominations....have a think.

PT

Re: CAM MTB AWARDS!! Get your NOMINATIONS in NOW!

PS, Mr Webmaster - please make this sticky

OI! WEBMASTER! MAKE ME STICKY!

Ahem...thanks

Oi you ole slappers vote 4 me or else, Im gonna vote for ma self as well ive got to get an award for one of the following categories, 1. 2.11. ah and I want this lucky number 15.

A reminder to email your nominations to me (click on the email link at the bottom of this post) by THURSDAY LATEST.

Alternatively, since I'm likely to be out on Thursday, accost me with your nominations then.

PT