Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hairy Hounds

Anyone else up for a snowy bimble tonight ? It could be rather exciting......lots of snow........the odd snowball......

Re: Hairy Hounds

Assuming it's not snowing so hard that we risk hypothermia, I should be out.

PT

PS Katie - I didn't know you drank snowballs?

Planning on being out. Looks like a hipflask evening.

Definitely thinking about it, since its a local hostelry. Pubs, yes thats what I think about......

not out tonight, hopefully see you all next week

Re: Hairy Hounds and Megavalanche

I'm game for a laugh. and should be riding. The Mountain bike gods willing.

Just back from the Megavalanche in Ile de la Reunion. Strongly recommended if you fancy a race with a difference. There was a man from the beeb there to do with the olympics, who did a session for Monday's breakfast telly FYI here is the link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic_games/world_olympic_dreams/9237919.stm

No 1 son Edward did the on bike camera.

cheers

Tom R

Phew! Harlton woods will be a tad tame for you then, Unclc Tom?

Can't ride tonight, can't hardly walk either. i've screwed up my back and wont know when i can ride a bike again, in fun, until i see the osteopath tomorrow!

i WILL make it to the christmas party even if i have to get a Taxi.

Not out either washing my hair......

One shall be bimbleing