Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is anyone coming out to play tonight? +20*C has been predicted

Afternoon all
As long as the school play dosent drag on to long I should be out tonight.
Anyone else around?
Cheers
Rob A

Re: Is anyone coming out to play tonight? +20*C has been predicted

still nursing a crook back! dont think i will make it till next Tuesday at the earliest.

Yep.

20 degrees? Wow, I'll leave my thermals and gloves at home then.

20°F has been predicted

Can't see myself finishing on time to get out. Thursday hopefully.

Paul

Re: 20°F has been predicted

not out tonight, maybe Thursday once global warming has kicked in...

Still down & out with a cold-nearly 2 weeks now
Maybe Thursday.

Would have, but I'm suffering from lack of sleep, especially after slaving over a hot survey last night.

Probably Thursday - back to mud

PT

Not (dis)gracing you with my presence this week, but am keen to know what part you played in the school play, Rob?
Did anyone have to say 'Jesus Christ! Shut the bleedin' door, it's freezing in here. Were you born in a barn?'

No, I didn't think so...
Looking forward to seeing you all next week...

Rob was the donkey's rear-end. But I'm not sure what part he played.

PT

As its not dated i am using this thread for thursday 9th (Qu Hd, Newton). I hope to be out later, as having to take dog to vet. As +3 deg C is predicted, I expect mud to be plentiful...

Im out tonight, doing that whimpish thang and dumping car at newton. Im leaving Queens ed at 7ish if anyone else wishes to encounter ear ache. Cheers Luv ya.