Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 May Day Bank Holiday long weekend trip to the Brecon Beacons

Hi Everyone,
As winter has finally tightened its frozen claw on our lovely little city, I thought I would turn our thoughts to warmer times ahead.

I am organizing a biking trip for the club for the May Day bank holiday (Friday 29th April to Monday 2nd May – three nights).

The plan is to stay in the beautiful village of Talybont on Usk in the Brecon Beacons and ride the fantastic natural trails round there.
(See trails here - http://www.mtbbreconbeacons.co.uk/hubs/talybont-on-usk/pontsticill-crossover)
I have provisionally booked the White Hart Inn for the Friday – Sunday nights, 3 nights @£17pppn. (total £51)
http://www.breconbunkhouse.co.uk/index.php
There are limited spaces (12) and it will be on a first come first served basis. The White Hart will hold the booking if we pay a deposit (£20pp) within about a week.

If you are interested please either post here or drop me an email. I would need to have your deposit by next Thursday (16th December) to pay the White Hart.

Please feel free to bring your riding mates along.

It should be a cracking weekend.

Hope to ride with you all.

Ads.

(Aussie Adam)

Re: 2011 May Day Bank Holiday long weekend trip to the Brecon Beacons

I'm keen. Tony

Tony I think Ad's wants the deposit im sure most of us are keen but it's that time of year and money is a little tight, after all money talks n bullsh*t walks. So no messer's n get your deposit to Adam else the bin man will be after you.

As you know Shelton, feeding the kids comes second to playing on the bike. Adam will get his deposit.

So that is one paid and one pending.

Don't miss out.

Reserve your place now!

Ads

Tickets are going fast!

That's two paid and one pending.

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!

Adam

Hi all,
I have to confirm the numbers with the lodge on Friday this week. There are still a few places left so please let me know if you would like to come.
Thanks,
Adam