Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cam MTB annual Pyrenees trip (next summer - ages away!)

Hello!

Don't know if you remember me, i came out with you lot several times before heading off to live in France a couple of years ago.

Well, i was wondering whether you could keep me in the loop about any your annual trip to the Pyrenees, if it happens next summer? Since I have my bike here in France and have joined the local club, it would be great to meet up with the Cambridge group again and get a week down in the mountains.
Would you mind?

Hope all is well - enjoy your Christmas party!

Emily

Re: Cam MTB annual Pyrenees trip (next summer - ages away!)

Hi Emily

A few of us are planning to go the pyranees on week of the 17 September Saturday to Saturday...not sure how many yet but if you want to join us let me know.....and if anyone else get in touch. We will be going with A Quick Release Holidays (AQR) google it if you want to find out more.

Simon

Is it the E.Zee.X.C & XC CHALLENGE(£410)package?
Looks cool - count me in!!

Can't seem to reply to just you to continue the conversation (what do you need from me for the booking etc) but please drop me a line emilychch@gmail.com

Thanks for replying so quickly

Emily

Hi Simon,
I would be interested in this trip!!

Had a chat with Richard about it a few weeks ago & it sounds right up my street!!

See you Thurs
GN

Re: Paging Geordynige

Could you let me know your e-mail address so i can send details for the pyranees trip