Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PT's Winter Wobble - The Aftermath

'There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes'.

Thank you Pasty for an excellent event. Ripping good (wet) fun. The beer tasted even better than normal at the end. I am also hoping to have recovered before the next one.

Tom R

Re: PT's Winter Wobble - The Aftermath

Tom R
'There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes'.

Thank you Pasty for an excellent event. Ripping good (wet) fun. The beer tasted even better than normal at the end. I am also hoping to have recovered before the next one.

Tom R

Ditto - top ride that! And thanks for the beers at the end Uncle Tom - only a mild hangover this morning to remember the ride by ..... at least my phone's working again after I dried it out on the heater this morning

Thanks both, and to all of you for coming out on what would normally be considered a foul evening. Stalwarts, the lot of you.

I certainly won't forget my foray with a large pad of unset concrete in Rowley Lane. The bloke who laid it might be fuming at the 3 sets of tyre tracks through it.

The official results, then, were:-

"Sludge Munchers" (Pat and Paul L) = 315 points, incl 5 checkpoints and 3 photos;
"The Package" (Tom R and Rich) = 300 points, incl 4 high scoring checkpoints, no other photos and winner of the best sock in shorts;
"Team Ummm..." (Pete T and Tony) = 275 points, incl 5 checkpoints, 3 photos and the winner of Gaudiest Jacket;
"Team Slut" (Shelton and Mark T) = 215 points, incl 6 checkpoints, 2 photos and a consolation 10 points for tackling the Rowley Lane wet concrete too.

I'll run another one in April and July for those unwilling, unwell or unavailable last night.

Congratulations to Pat and Paul...I'd better get that wine ordered!

PT

Congrats to Team Rug Munchers! Pete and I will get the title back off you later in the year.

What route did you manage to get the points?

Paul

Good turnout given the weather, well done Pasty and participants. I wasn't too sorry to be at home staving off man-cold when the rain started last night...

Thanks Tom (& Tony),

An excellent evening. Did anyone else get a hoody? I was well impressed with Tony's guile. And he had had a library book! Could only happen in Cambridge.

Looking forward to the next one (Spring Scramble...?)

PS the 2-up TTT down the Sawston bypass was fun too

And it got you in right on time! Well done!

Well done indeed Pasty, a thoroughly entertaining evening.

In your dreams!!
We went Coton, Comberton, Eversden, Harlton, Haslingfield, Harston, Newton, Stapleford. Not as extreme as Team Package who went to Longstaton, we just took more photos...

I think Team Slut deserves some recognition for actually going OFF-ROAD as much as possible! I think that goes some way to explaining our final position (as well as not really reading the instructions).
Great fun, thanks Tom, and to everyone else too.

Thanks also to my team-mate, Shelton. It was a real giggle all the way!
'Let me do the talking...you're too polite'.
'Oi! C**t! We need a photo!'

More thanks Pasty - a good ride, if a little damp. Not sure what you've all got against my jacket but I'll take the points.

well done to everyone who took part and to Tom for organising another cracking evening.

if only everyone could win, Team “ The Package” for outrageous distance, “Team Slut” for the number of checkpoints, and “Team Ummm” for converting a trailquest in to a time trial.

who would have thought we would all finish with only a 5 min time spread and no late penalties!

Here’s looking forwards to the next chance to defend the title.

I think my boots have dried out now.

Love the photo, we all look "Possessed"