Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
night ride

Is there a night ride on the 8th of feb,if so can you confirm start point, I live in st neots so if you can give me an idea of distance to venue I would appreciate it even a post code and I will let the sat nav do the rest.terry

Re: night ride

that ride, as all except Thetford rides, start from outside the Japas Bento Box restaurant (formerly known as the Cross Keys pub) at Brookside, Cambridge at 7.30 pm. CB2 1HN
http://www.localdatasearch.com/cambridge/city_centre/restaurant_-_japanese/japas_bento_box-12309563
look for the blue pointer.
The rides vary in length between 15 and 35 miles depending on season, enthusiasm and destination, and also the weather and who is leading, currently about 20 to 25 mile round trip. We usually average 11 - 14 mph over the trip (not counting stops).
There is always a pub stop at a village outside of Cambridge, this one will be the Blue Ball in Granchester, usually around 9.30 pm, and this is about 10 to 15 mins from Brookside depending on enthusiasm after the pub.
Normaly we split into 2 or 3 groups heading home, 1 group away from town and 2 back to town, depending on drinking and numbers, so there will always be company to show you the way.

just watch the forum on the day of the rde to see if people are 100% riding. in 3 years i have riden i only know of 2 posted dates when no one rode. general rule of thumb, if it is dry there will be more riders than a wet ride, and typicaly twice as many ride as post on the forum.

Re: night ride

many thanks, I would hope to be there