Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hairy Hounds

Am intent on being out tonight - anyone else likley to?

Re: Hairy Hounds

Not me tonight - I have a chiropractor appointment.

I can't see the mud being any different round Harlton than it was on Tuesday night, so... good luck with that!

Dom

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. Just right for a bike ride. I'll be there. Tony

should be out

I hope to be out, but it's all dependent on the trafic on theA127, M25 and M11
Cheers
Rob

I plan on riding...

Although if we can avoid wherever we went on Tuesday that would be good.

You know it's muddy when you can't even PUSH your bike!

Hopefully the sun has dried things up a bit.

Re: Hairy Hounds via A127, M25 and M11

Hi Rob,

Didnt know we used the same route! All clear as I write at 16:05 hrs

The lights are charged, the tyres are pressurised and there's diesel in the car.

There's also a huge amount of snot built up in my head. If I make it out I will be even slower than usual so I will reserve the right to take short-cuts and chicken runs at any time.

And a tow would be nice.

PT

I'm intending to be out tonight. legs still hurt after WS3 on Sunday and a studio cycling class on Tuesday so i will probably be a bit slower than normal.

hey Rob, i didn't think you are suposed to cycle on the M25 and M11, but i guess the A127 is fair game. whatever floats your boat.

if it is the same route as Peter T uses are you both Time Trialing?

Moi aussi !

Not gonna be out tonight. Roads fine but only just got on M25
See ya next week
Cheers
Rob