Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
advice needed

Hi all, Im looking for a Avid juicy 3 piston seal kit. Are these the same size as juicy 5&7???...

Re: advice needed

Shouldn't that be AN Avid juicy seal kit ?

yeah might not of made sense but you got the drift din ya!SLUT

i have just had a scout around the SRAM/AVID web site and can't find anything about piston sizes and service kit, but i did find that the Juicy 3,5,7 carbon and ultimate are all talked about collectivly.

if i remember rightly they all use the same caliper but have different leaver and resevoir assemblies, it is only the downhill top of the range anchors that are 4 pot's and the rest are 2 pot's, so best guess is they are the same but maybe Mark T can confirm this.

just found http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/avid/dealers/2010%20Avid%20Technical%20Manual%20English%20final.pdf
check it out

Thanx Pat, I was only talking to someone today and they seemed to think the same as you regarding that 5&7 calipers are the same as 3.

I only speak Shimano these days, and nobody asks me about these 'cos they don't go wrong...

Maybe something to do with they are so expensive Mark, this years prices on their products is crazy!> Cycling maybe be getting popular due to fuel increase, but whats shimano's excuse?..They are clearly taking the piss...