Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ride Thursday night

Hi all,
I know that this is ridiculously early for us on this forum, but I intend on ridding tomorrow night.
I was wondering if anyone who is coming could possibly bring a shock pump for me to borrow.
Thanks a lot.
Ads

Re: Ride Thursday night

Ads,

Glad to see that you'll be "ridding" tomorrow night. Is that some strange, antipodean euphemism?

Anyway, it sounds like a great night-out, better than riding with this lot . I'll bring my shock pump and prepare to be amazed.

PT

Hope to make it out tonight though work could intervene...

I have a cunning route plan too. That hopefully will work a bit better than the last one I planned in the aftermath of heavy rain to miss out the really shitty tracks...

Paul

tonight i be mostly washing my hair, stripping the bike in time for WS4 on Sunday, and generaly taking it easy.

see you next week, to see what Aussie rules ridding was like.

No in-laws this week, no wife either (no ridding?). I'll be out. Tony

I wsih I colud "rid" meself of speeling mistkaes.
:-(

me too! i even have an award for it!
i blame the keyboard.

Is that the keyboard with the missing shift key, Pat?

Pat AKA The Jolly Green Giant
tonight i be mostly washing my hair, stripping the bike in time for WS4 on Sunday, and generaly taking it easy.

see you next week, to see what Aussie rules ridding was like.

Glad you're not stripping off and washing your bike - a bit chilly this time of year for that sort of thing

And on that note, I might catch you guys at the pub tonight - will be at work late, so a bimble to the pub for a cheeky pint will be perfect preparation for WS4 on Sunday