Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cycle Promotions one day Sale this week end

don't know if anyone realised...or is interested, but cycle promotions are back in Cambridge this Saturday at the Chesterton Sports centre, at the school.

i think i will pop allong and have a look see what they have.

anyone else interested click on the website link below

Re: Cycle Promotions one day Sale this week end

Alas it is the wrong side of town for me and at work all day. Why do the never do these things on Sundays? I want Monkey lite carbon bars and latex tubes if you see any Pat I will pay you back..........

Honest!

Wouldn't worry Jon, these shows are ok..... but latex tubes or anything 'Nice' looking or bling is few and far between. Think more road CTC, coffin dodging tight arrises who think they are getting a bargain when their not..... unless you really want a pair of white xxxxxL plastic/cotton crochet mitts for £2 or a pair of Polaris ladies touring baggy shorts in size 6.
BUT.... hey ho you do get a free can of GT85 on entrance

You're about right Duncan...
It's almost worth going just to see who else is there!
Think 'Last of the Summer Wine' and you'll be somewhere close...

well i have to be up early to get some hair cut off my head..... to improve aerodynamics..

i've also been given the morning to take my son out for a walk, so i will take a look and see what is available and if there is anything worth looking at.

as for latex tubes and monkey bars......it sounds as if your chances are slim to none. but i do have some "pre tested" tubes sat on my work bench, you are welcome to. i can't find the damn holes in them and they go flat over night.......yes, yes, i have checked the valve, and no it isn't leaking. i had the tubes pumped up so hard that they balooned and now there is no chance of finding the leak.

Pat........ try less air & a bowl of water ?!?

Prolapsed tubes?

As long as they don't explode like your front one did year before last I will have them as spares. Yes Please.

Is there a category for tight-wad of the year this xmas? It'll be pretty hotly contested, I'm sure!