Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
26th July Green Man Shepreth.

It has been discussed in the pub the last couple of weeks that this trip may make sense as a "Train out Ride back" affair. Baldock has been spoken of as a destination also. I have consulted my Navigation system (Dunc Dunc) and it seems this is entirely possible to include some fast rolling Icknield Way just for Diggers. How does this sound to everyone?

Train leaves from Cambridge at 18.55 arriving in Baldock 19.25 £8 Hope this is ok.

Not sure which villages it passes through for late arrivers?

Re: 26th July Green Man Shepreth.

Hi Jon,
Might be worth checking the Icknield Way sections as the section that runs into Great Chesterford is completely covered in nettles - itchy shins for 2 days afterwards!!!

Cheers
GN

Thanks Nigel I think that's in t'other direction though.

nettles only sting if you you hit them in a southerly hirection.

Sounds ok to me.

Is it too early to consider choice of tyre?

PT