Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pat; Dales/Peaks Weekbender

Pat

What's the crack on the proposed weekend away in July.? Last time we spoke you said that Dom was sorting accomadation out, only havn't heard anything or is it only the elite Riders that are welcome?.LOL..

Thanks Shelton

Re: Pat; Dales/Peaks Weekbender

Hi Shelton,
No it's not just for the elite riders.

I had a chat with Dom last night as he was on his way down to Heathrow, long and short of it is that Alison is arranging the trip now, and we will be based in Grassington, North Yorkshire. we drive up on Friday evening and come back on Sunday some time.

Pete is up that way with work and will meet us there.
Alison is probably giving me a call tonight about where we are staying and the likes, and I will let her know that you are still interested, I will let you talk to her regarding transportation as I’m going up with them.

I’m planning to ride Thetford tomorrow night, will you be there? We could catch up then. failing that drop me a line, my details are in the contact list.

It'd be a pretty lonely trip if it were just elite riders!

Pat,

Sorry to mess you about but I'm def out of this trip as I took a tumble at Mayhem and hurt my ribs Missus said i'm stupid if I try and get on a bike so soon, Bossy cow. Doc's put me on Codeine,it's taking the edge off but feel like I need a good sh*t. Not such an Elite rider!.

Shelton

Hey Shelton - hi from sunny (and very rainy!) New Orleans. Sorry to hear about your ribs. Hope they mend soon.

I think you need to get a new doctor. Codeine's no good - you just need caffeine. 16 or 17 stiff coffees a day and you'll be right as rain!

I'm honoured but completely baffled to be put into an elite rider category. Do I get a badge? (or a cup of tea?)

Dom

Hi all. I was wondering if this Peaks trip was still on? I'm hankering for some proper hills.

I should be around for the Thursday ride so you can check I'm not an axe murderer :-)

Cheers,

Nick

Pat; Dales/Peaks Weekbender

I think we are suffering from a shortage of mad Axk murderers at the moment so more the merrier.

the Peaks weekend is still on and we are teaveling up on Friday early evening.

B&B costs are £25 per night and Dom, who is doing the driving said your welcome.

i'm not riding on tursday, as i'm saving my legs for the weekend, but i am out tonight if you are up for a paddle. say hi i will be the wet one!

Hi Nick

Big problem for you, I think, will be accommodation. There's no availability in the place we're staying, and Alison and Pete spent literally hours on the phone finding it - everywhere seems to be packed. We're staying in Hope.

Let us know how you get on!

Dom

looks as if i jumped the gun a bit there. sorry Nick, i'm not 100% sure but there is another post for next weekend by Geordie Nige, also heading up that way. maybe with a little more notice there will be some accomodation available.