Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
paint your wagon

i will be coming out to paint my wagon tonight,see you then.Notice the punctuation pasty!

Re: paint your wagon

is that a euphemism Bowesy?

No, but the other day he did offer one to a young female music scholar who ventured into his emporium, lured in by the impressive organ on view in the window. Apparently, she'd never tried a euphamism before; having spent most of her first year fiddling with her tutor in the rehearsal room. She said she wouldn't mind getting to grips with a double entendre either if it wasn't too large for her to handle. Music to his ears!

What IS a punctuation pasty? A pastry case full of full stops and commas...

I heard that she went to a different shop and asked the bloke for a double entendre, and he gave her one.

I'll get me coat...

Although it's not forecast to rain tonight so hopefully won't need it - see you later.

Dom

I didn't see this yesterday as I was continually refreshing the other thread. And that's not a euphemism.

Your punctuation was almost spot-on (sic), but you forgot the space after the comma and the full stop. Plus you used lower case for the first letter of the personal pronouns. Governments have fallen on such errors.

At least you didn't have any punctuations, or something like that, last night. And as for euphemisms, I heard that the chair of the British Euphemism Society is embroiled in scandal on account of the rumour that he "bats for the other side"...

PT

Just seen your reply Pasty very impressive if it's true Anglian windows must have one of the most educated tea boys around two sugars pasty