Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Badger crash !!

Well it's taken 20 years but last night the Brrrstards got their own back,
Time. 23.25 (ish)
Location. The tunnel TL380 577
I proceeding in the direction of Comberton, well within the national speed limit & sober enough not to require an eye patch when I was ambushed by a grunting squealing (well it did when it hit my front wheel) badger. As i left the comfort of my saddle I noticed the ground approaching with quite considerable speed. mmmmmmm I thought, which did not take too long as it was closely followed by "ummmph", "arrrh", "kin thing"
The badger failed to stop after the B.B.A. so I gave chase only for it to give me the slip by diving through the hedge. I will be reporting this grave incident to Jon Craven & that bird with the curly hair
it's not getting away with this one...Hummphhh
So remember, don't have night mares but
WATCH OUT FOR THEM BADGERS !!

Re: Badger crash !!

At least I had the decency to have witnesses for the ritual ridicule when I jumped off the bike.

Did the bugger...badger..... Do any damage to you or the bike?

You utter b*stard! There I was out with me mates when you come haring along and run Badger over. Worse still when you came off you sat on Toad and we haven't seen him since. He's not stuck up your fundament is he?

Poor toad! What a way to go - lodged in Mr Duncan's crack! And after all that trouble with the weasels up his hall too.

Still, at least he wasn't driving this time...that was me I'm afraid. I'll lose my no claims for sure.

Rat