Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday evening

Dear all
It has been proposed to have a partners ride on Tuesday. Basically the idea is to have two rides, one of which will be a shorter/slower ride if other halves fancy coming along to see what it is all about. I'm happy to lead this as I will be taking it easy regardless in prepation for dusk 'til dawn at the weekend. Claire/Ade and Rachel have shown interest, any other takers?
Cheers
Paul

Re: Tuesday evening

Myself & the current Mr Cook will be along to catch one of the last Indian summer eves.

Hi All,

I will be out this evening, although Mrs Lee will be "fighting the good fight" (aka putting the kids to bed) so I'll be on my own.

Anyone care to take her place? Shelton?

PT

Hope to make it out tonight for an easy pootle after a long layoff...

Paul

Hi Paul,
Ade and I not going to make it out I'm afraid, Ade is ill and I am knackered. I WILL be out soon, though not sure Ade and I can come out together anyway as I think one of the HID lights may be buggered.

I shall be there God willing, assuming my cross to bear is not to heavy and I get away from here on time. If not i will just be there in spirit until I meet you at the pub to have spirits in me

I plan to be out tonight. Now, where did I put my dust mask?

I'll be out tonight.

Richard

Good route Paul and very nice to be out again, even if I am regretting the three pints this morning...

Just under 30 miles at ~ 12.5 mph - I'm glad I didn't chose a 'normal' ride to come back on!

Paul