Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Rider :)

Hi All,

I moved to Melbourn last year but have only just found this group. I'd like to turn up and join tomorrows ride if that's ok please?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: New Rider :)

Of course! With two caveats - decent lights (front and back) and a helmet please. See the FAQ at the top and/or ask if you're unsure what lights are up to the job.

Cheers

Paul

Great, thanks! I'm ok for lights, L+M stella 400 for the bars, stella 300 for the helmet and a blackburn mars for the back. Always wear a helmet too.

Quick question, is the ride a loop back to the start point, with the pub stop being a mini break? as I'll need to drive and park up at the start point.

ta, Dave

Hi Dave
The pub stop tends to be towards the end of the ride as the nights draw in. Returning from the pub is usually a direct route back into town, mostly road, but with bits of off-road where possible.

I hope you haven't read the post about how to spoil a good ride...

Most rides are a very sociable affair, aiming to get to the pub by 10pm latest, with groups riding back into town at various times.

Parking around Brookside can sometimes be difficult, so give yourself enough time.

Cheers!

Excellent, thanks for the information.

See everyone later, i'll be the person on a green sanderson breath