Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D2D results are out

Congrats to Paul L on finishing 41st out of 159 riders in class.

indeed congrats to anyone racing, i haven't looked to see if anyone else is in the list.

http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/d2d2011.pdf

Re: D2D results are out

Ditto, and to Mark Tallack, two places higher!

Paul

Sorry Mark, i don't know how i didn't see you in the list.

also well done Shelton in Team Cambridge Flapjack something or other

I dont think I will do another d2d after trashing bikes 2 yrs on the run, bloody weather. Only did 3 laps as I was p*ssed off and wasn't enjoying it one bit. Think I will stay at home with a bottle of plonk wiv ma bitch and watch the X Factor.