Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford or Local Bimble

Hi All,

Much that I love Thetford, I plan to bimble locally tomorrow night due to the likelihood of work commitments.

Please post here if you would like to join me. Or even if you wouldn't like to join me, you're welcome to post.

PT

Re: Thetford or Local Bimble

I'm going to be in London most of the day and don't know when i will get back.

i would like to ride Thetford but realy don't know if i will make it.

If i'm late back i will ride local.

i will post nearer the time one way or the other.

I like the idea of a local ride. What about the Salisbury Arms, Tenison Road as a final destination? All bikes welcome in the secure environment of 83 Tenison Road's back garden, and room for one car on the drive.

Local Bimble for TR - Did Thetford on Saturday Night

See you tonight. I am up for the Salisbury.

Tom R

Re: Local Bimble for TR - Did Thetford on Saturday Night

Nah im going to 83 tenison rd, looks like there could be some nice bikes on offer? what a Muppet!...

I'll go with the Salisbury too. Can I park my C-Max in your drive, Mr Eco?

PT

Elementary my dear Shelton. Pubs are much safer places due to the people traffic & the fact that we are near our bikes. But this evening there is no need to worry as Dr Eco Painter has offered to stay home & look after the bikes. Despite what you may think, indeed, he can very occasionally be a man of most generous character!

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be out, as at the moment I am planning a park & ride to work tomorrow, which necessitates a 05:00 start. I know that if I cross the threshold of the Salisbury, I wont make that.

Pasty,how many bikes could we get in the back of your missus C max?...

Awesome! I haven't been in the Salisbury for years. Does it still serve beer?

Presumably still the usual start point, not the pub?

Dom

Shelton,

If you mean "may I have a lift to Cambridge, please?" then I daresay we could squeeze you in if you get to mine by 18:50.

If you mean "how many horrible, dirty bikes can you get in the back of your missus' car so I don't have to stash it in Eco's garden which is bound to get raided now that he's telegraphed it on the internet?" then I daresay it will be very limited indeed. Less than two, probably.

Laters

PT

i guess i'm riding local then tonight as it seems everyone else is.

Ta Tom, staying in as Emma has been in hospital for a op, she has a bell that she can ring when she needs things,Im busy cleaning bikes.

c u there

Don't worry Shelton the dogs live in the garden.