Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CamMTB Awards 2011

Evenin' all!

The Christmas dinner will soon be upon us, and with the usual glitter, fanfare, troupe of professional dancers and (if we're particularly unlucky) comparing from Pasty 'Brucey Bonus' Tom, the most prestigious awards in the MTB calendar will be announced.

However, without input from the elite band of riders (and Tallack), who make up CamMTB, the certificates would be worth no more than shares in BP shares in Tesco shares in Woolworths. So, please get your thinking caps on and let us know what awards you think should be awarded and who you'd nominate for them. We'll then sort out some sort of highly fallible and probably rigged voting system - I think Silvio Berlusconi is at a loose end to offer advice on how best to achieve this.

We don't need to use any or all of previous categories, and can have new ones, but as a starter, here are some idea based loosely on what what were awarded last year:

- Best Epic Ride
- the DribbleStop Award - hint here!
- the AutumnWatch Award
- Services to eBay
- Dog Walker of the Year
- Best Crasher
- Most Exciting/Alternate Ride of the Year
- Navigator of the Year
- Pimped Ride
- Bike Wrecker of the Year
- Fashion Victim
- Most Unpopular Holiday Destination
- the 'Not in Front of the Children' award
- Best Comeback
- Best Newcomer

OK, start 'em coming! Please post them here and/or email them to me (dominic at bowlesandbooth.net) and Pasty (tandklee at hotmail.co.uk).

Deadline for nominations is close of play this Friday. Thanks!

Dom

Re: CamMTB Awards 2011

- Best Epic Ride - Something in the summer I expect, possibly Croydon
- the DribbleStop Award - Bowes, he'll p!ss this one...
- the AutumnWatch Award - A Barn Owl
- Services to eBay - Anyone who 'works' in an office
- Dog Walker of the Year - Me
- Best Crasher - Pat (again)?
- Most Exciting/Alternate Ride of the Year - Tuesdays and Thursdays. Or did you mean alternative?
- Navigator of the Year - Duncan 'Captain' Cook
- Pimped Ride - Eco Dunc's Niner
- Bike Wrecker of the Year - A Fiat Panda on the M4
- Fashion Victim - Anyone under 5'9" on a 29er
- Most Unpopular Holiday Destination - Anywhere that you can't get pork scratchings
- the 'Not in Front of the Children' award - Most of the things Shelton says (in front of the children)
- Best Comeback - Go f**k yourself! Oh, I see what you mean...erm, I don't think anyone ever comes back
- Best Newcomer - Peguardo (where'd he go)?

Re: CamMTB Awards 2011

Tom,
You could try this method of controlling the drunken masses !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=GV_gdLLZPj0&feature=endscreen