Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sailing tonight

Anyone else going to brave it tonight?

It looks like it is going to be standard bank holiday weather tonight, mildly moist with a slight onshore breeze.

Re: Sailing tonight

I'm planning on riding tonight

Assuming I can find my sowester I'll be out.

Might one make a bijou suggestionette:-

If its particularly grotty, please can we go for an early pub?

Bowsey: Be an awfully good chap and second that would you?

Im in

Just hoping my batteries for my newly arrived headtorch will have come in the post.
Mainly so i can see the flying drift wood...

Think I'll be out tonight - unless I think better of it. Early pub stop Mr T? I'll be Bowes and second that if it seems like a good idea.

Not tonight Josephine - still reeling from having to lead Tuesday - I could have swore the Blue Ball was near Stansted

I am intending to 'hoist my sail'tonight. Might do a shorter route if a marathon is planned. see you later

Tom R.

I'll be there. Shorter route sounds the order of the day...

after the near monsoon conditions while driving home I've decided the indoor bike at the gym will be a better option tonight!!

See those of you attending at the Castle next Tuesday.

Having just been blown to a virtual stand still across Midsummer Common with stinging rain on my cycle home, I suggest you go straight to the pub with the prevailing wind.

I have also driven through a monsoon this evening on the way home. I'll get changed and the weather is still like this by 7:05 I'll do my Capt Oates; I'm not coming out and I maybe some time.

PT

Ya big load of southern softies!
I've just ridden across town and it was fine, NOT!!!
I'm looking forwards to a short moist slow slog to the pub and a rapid sprint home after.
Sometimes it does pay to be on the north side of town.