Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Holidays from Houston!!

Hey everyone,

Seeing that photo of Duncan having fun in the clay brought a tear to my eye ... not that we miss the mud, but we do miss the rides, and the beers :-)

Merry Chistams and Happy New year to you lot - hope 2012 is a good one, and if we find ourselves back in Cambridge for a visit, we'll hopefully be able to squeeze a cheeky ride in too

cheers,
Rich + G

Re: Happy Holidays from Houston!!

Hi. Rich & G.
That ride brought a tear to my eye too--NO BEER that evening as we were so knackered after declagging the bikes & getting rained on during the ride back to town. Suppose the weather is just as bad in Houston 'eh??
Season's greetings to y'all in the US of A
Rick

Hey guys we miss you here in Cambridge, hope you had a great Christmas. I was thinking of you when my son was watching Santa fly around the world on line Christmas Eve. Come back soon for a pint and a ride in all this mud.

Happy Christmas and a happy New Year guys.

I must admit that every time i'm out in the mud and rain I think of you and wish you were back here enjoying our lovely winter weather with us :)

Don't forget to get in touch if you make it back over here mate.

Hi Rich and G,

I bet it's been snowing there too....

We're missing you too, but it helps following your facebook posts. Keep them up!

Happy New Year

TOM

Hi Rieeeech & G...... If I were honest, I would say that I don't think of you every time it rains........Not at all......... sort of guess I'm use to it after twenty & a half years..... Your/he are from wales... sorry Oz.... not Stonaway. Anyway stop jeffin' around and get your lilley white back onto these precious shores before you get the Livestrong tat. Come on you know you want too We are...ahem.... were an important nation before those slinky types nicked our plastic (unfair dinkum)and showed us how to develop a business model (well infact I don't think they did that.... they just picked up the pieces).
OH MY Giddy G.....No sorry not G as in G, but G as in THE BIG G............what am I am on about...
Happy new Jahre !!
Now then where did I leave my................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................coat ?!? mwa mwa