Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone for Fulbourn?

Anyone planning on riding tonight to blow off a few cobwebs and maybe some Christmas pudding?

Re: Anyone for Fulbourn?

Riding tonight, when I could be inside watching sh*t TV, playing monopoly, doing a 1000 piece jigsaw with my step father and father in law...... I'll be there even if its raining.

had been planning on riding but have caught a pastyesque illness so see you all next week

It'll be pretty bad then, Paul. Poor you. Keep warm and hydrated, take mild analgesics.

As for me, I plan to bring my cold out with me tonight, unless it's really pi$$ing down.

PT

I'm thinking about it........Legs do need a stretch, mud tyres are on........no work tomorrow....Yes, why not?

Pete

I've eaten far too many mince pies, too much turkey, drunk no where near enough, spent the day in town going round the sales.....that I didn't even know I was going to see, been rained on, blown all over the place and then had to do the food shopping.

I wouldn't miss it for the world, count me in for a lardy ride.

Now feeling a bit crap - thumping headache, unsteadiness, gippy tummy... Either Paul's given me his lurgie just by posting or it's a delayed hangover.

Given that and the almost inconsequential forecast of rain, I think that Mother Nature is telling me to stay in and take it easy. So I'll sit and play Monopoly, do a 1000 piece jigsaw and watch sh*t TV with Eco's step-father and father-in-law instead. (Page 35, I think, Tony.)

So I'll wish you all a Happy New Year and drink to your good, if damp, health with the Margarita that my wife just poured. Cheers!

PT

Just got back after one hour or so of pressing on into that headwind . Thanks to Bowsey for that essential get you home comestible, the date slice. Sorry i held you guys up a bit tonight, should be faster next time....

Good to hear you got back safely I didn't envy your ride home - absolutely no need to apologise for anything it was a most enjoyable ride