Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Megavalanche 2012 & Gravity Enduro DH Series.

It has been a while since I posted here but just in case any of you guys are interested in joining me.

After nearly 4 years of dithering I will be doing Megavalanche again this summer. Mega is on between 16th and 22nd July.

Any of you guys interested in MEGA this year.

As prep for it and generally because it sounded like a pretty cool series last year. I am also going to do the Gravity Enduro DH series.

Again, anybody interested in this.

Dates for the Enduro series are:

Rd1 - 24th 25th March
Rd2 - 28th 29th April
Rd3 - 26th 27th May
Rd 4 - 4th 5th August
Rd 5 - 1st 2nd September

Venues for dates to be confirmed but looks like locations will be:
Innerleithen
Ae
Kielder
Eastridge Forest, Shropshire (nr Ludlow)
Afan

Will carry only 1 other person (with bikes in car). Don't trust roof racks. Not sure why that ould be.

Cheers

Clem

Re: Megavalanche 2012 & Gravity Enduro DH Series.

Oh it's clem....tumbleweed.....

Potentially could be interested in the shropshire or Afan ones. Hmmm..actually could be interested in a trip to scottishland as well. We stayed in a nice place in Innerliethen last time we went.

I would like to do the Mega, but I would want a new bike....

Uh oh! Shimano/Madison are providing technical support at the Gravity Enduro's.
Clem, will you be using SRAM?

The only bit of SRAM I own are some Rock Shox forks.

Will you be attending as a Madison rep?

May attend (not compete) if time permits. Looks like this format is going to be big this year.

Saw you with your dog at the Thetford winter series in November. Had a look for you at the end but you were not about.

Enduro DH Format looks right up my street. The perfect race for me.

I reckon quite a few CAMMTB guys would love it.

Clem