Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Rider Tonight - hopefully

Hello,

My name is Rick, I just moved here a couple months ago from Calgary, Canada. I'm itching to finally get my mountain bike I lugged over here out for a ride. If I am able to make it tonight I've got a bright orange Ibis bike that should be unmistakable even in the dark.

If I don't turn up it probably means I couldn't get my bike back together in time and I'll see you another day. Hopefully I make it though.

Thanks,
Rick

Re: New Rider Tonight - hopefully

Hi Rick,

We always welcome new riders so it will be a pleasure to see you, even if it turns out to be not this time after all.

One thing to remember is to bring some good lights. If you don't have them then often other members of the group are willing to bring spares to get you going, though whether it's too short notice for tonight is another matter.

I'm not out tonight - hoping to recover sufficiently from a back injury to make it out on Thursday instead.

Hope to see you around.

Tom

I've got some proper lights for night riding. One 150 lumin and one 100 lumin. There no 700 lumin floodlight but they work alright.

They sound OK - hope you have a good ride tonight.

Cheers

TOM

Just so that you're not worried about being the only one out tonight Rick, I'll be riding too. I'm sure there'll be others, most of whom probably won't post!

Richard

I'm planning on riding

I'm not posting, but I'm going to ride...

See you later
Dom

Has your sense of humour been hijacked by Duncan?

Oi PASTEY,
What's all this "Shiny new webmaster" toss...... First Tom, then Pastey, Pale Rider & now this! I think your been a little above your station. Please amend to Pastey, it saves alot of confusion.
HMMPH

P.S. Might possibly accept "ex Grumpy web masters biatch".

Duncan,

I can't help it - I have an identity crisis!

Mind you, I like "Ex-Grumpy-Webmaster's Biatch", very becoming.

Cheers

EGWMB