Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Join me for a Ride and Bite to Eat

10 years of riding with Cam MTB, Free prescription drugs, winter fuel payment, and 1/3 off rail fares. Please celebrate with Uncle Tom

There is food planned after the April 12th ride starting 7.30 and finishing c. 9.15 at the Tree Stapleford. Wives girlfriends and boyfriends welcome. RSVP to this ‘sticky’ please before April 10th if you are planning to ride on the 12th, so I can organise triple cooked chips and nibbles accordingly. Cheers Tom R.

Re: Join me for a Ride and Bite to Eat

Hi Tom,

I am planning to ride on 12th April.

Regards

PT

Hi Tom. Unfortunately I won't be there as I'm in Northumberland on holiday.
Have a great day if I don't see you before then.

Pat

Yep, count me in. Wouldn't miss it!

Alison will unfortunately be away working as per bloody usual...

Dom

Hi Tom,
Please count me in for the chips. Oh, and the ride.

Thanks,

Mark

Yay! Put me down please. I am going to work on Ade to come too.

I'll be there Tom, cheers. Tony

chips for me please...

Sounds like fun. I'm planning to be out. Thanks Tom

Yes please Tom

Hi. Tom, count me in please.

Hi Tom, thanks for setting this up. With added attraction of an early pub, I cant miss it.

Many happy returns in advance

Hi Tom

I'll be there

Simon

Tom,

I'll be there and Katie will join us at the pub later.

Richard

Hi Tom,
Yes hope to be there, don't worry about food as my general level of intolerance extends to my lactose free diet.............. I quite like plain crisps un beer. C U Thursday!!!
Still remember the night we met ANOTHER weirdo upon the hillydoggy bit of heath off the Haverhill rd.
If you are.....hang on, I know your still competitive but Dom has beaten you to the hip replacement....but you can tell us your stories of many happy hours 'Ridin' the public transport system !! DJ shadow lives on!!

Come the revolution they'll still need the chris king of spray nozzle design...........

Coat, door..........