Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SHOW US YOURS # 1

Hi,

Does anyone have a new route in mind for tomorrow night? If you're not one of those who usually leads a ride but you have some ideas then you're welcome to post here.

We'll try (almost) anything once!

PT

Re: SHOW US YOURS # 1

A quick glance at the weather forecast yields that the worst we can expect is cloud with perhaps some light rain or drizzle.

Just right for tonights mystery tour across ploughed and flooded fields. I'll be out.

PT

Not out tonight - daughter's sixteenth birthday so am marrying her off.

Thinking about it......which pub do you have in mind?

pete

i will be joining you for a squelch tonight.

provided BT get their act in gear and finish installing my new broadband by then.

If I make it out (currently mid-fettle on my bottom-bracket), I was going to suggest leading out in a north-easterly direction, but not as far as previous rides in that direction.

Richard

Sounds good to me Richard. And if anyone can think of a suitable alliterative title we can go with that!

How about 'Richard's Rattling Bracket Run'?

chaps. Will give it a miss tonight. Not the sort of night to venture forth with a cold

What a good ride out. Thanks Richard!

I've now managed to get mud out of hair and my mud splattered clothes are now in the machine with extra extra prewash. Shame I can't chuck the bike in too

PT

What hair?

Well, it WAS very muddy, Mark....and dark.