Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golden Ball, Boxworth

Anyone out tonight? The weather looks mild and dry enough, although under-tyre it could be a bit sticky!

Given that this pub is almost a local for me, I'll probably ride in.

Cheers

PT

Re: Golden Ball, Boxworth

Afternoon PT,
I am in.

Was it you that was talking to Ali last week about fork repairs just North of Ely - if so could you pass on the details as mine need a service too

See you later

GN

Should be out, dust mask at the ready.

Had a great ride at Thetford on Tuesday but can't make it out this evening unfortunately.

Mild? Dry?

Given the last few weeks, those two words are putting a spring in my step, a song in my heart, and a foot into my cycling shoe...

Alison and I will be out, and will ride in from the Couille d"Or. A nice off-road route is about 11.5 miles (rather than a tarmac-fest) so we'll aim to be riding by 6.25.

Dom

Hoping to be out tonight, subject to the usual last minute panics.....

pete

i'm planning to ride tonight.

Pete T and Pasty, a collegue of mine rides in from Earith along the Mis-guided bus way and said "it was a bitch of a head wind" this morning, you may want to give yourselves a couple of extra mins on the way in.

Cheers for that, Pat. Sounds like the flooding's gone down a bit if he made it in from Earith.

PT

thanks Pat, will do, especially in my reduced fitness condition, Pete

The wind is currently South-Westerly and forecast to stay that way. Boxworth to town is predominantly South-Easterly. Should be a fast blast!

Dom