Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford Thursday

Is anyone going to make the effort?
I will be going, and have space for 1 more, leaving Cambridge around 715pm latest.

First come, first driven.

Text 07899 965536 if you want that space, man.

Cheers

Mark

Re: Thetford Thursday

Hi Mark,
Me and Ali will be there!!!

Cheers
GN

Tonight I will be mostly looking at bats in Surrey and getting wet . The getting wet is not from excitement but the weather - a bit like Tuesday night.

I'm planning to ride the Thetford thing. The weather forecast may just be showing the rain easing off this evening.

I'll probably make my own way there, Mark, unless you're prepared to detour to Over?

PT

I'm planning to come, but will make my own way from Melbourn (if anyone else is south of Cambridge and would like a lift I have space).

Am I right that you meet at Brandon Country Park, before 8pm?

I'm pretty sure I know where BCP is (I've passed the entrance many times but never parked down that way), but is it obvious where you'll be parked?

I have Mark's mobile from the above post, but mine is 07985 099801 in case you need to contact me.

See you later,

Mike

Hi Mike
To get to BCP, turn left at the Elveden (Center Parcs) crossroads on the A11 and keep going. After a couple of miles or so, there's a sign for the Nursing Home and BCP on the left. You'll find us faffing about in the car park from about 745pm.

I may make it depending on work, weather and fuel. Tony

I can't make it tonight, hope it is drier than Tuesday evening...

Alas, cant make tonight. Fingers crossed for next thursday.....

Thanks for inadvertantly leading us, Mark. Viewranger revealed an interesting route of about 30km. I'm still finding sand in my teeth and my half-term beard, despite much showering and scrubbing!

Got home Ok last night, despite rapidly deflating tyre (on car); Kwik Fit sorted it this am for just £21 - nice!!

Tom