Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FS: Spec Stumpjumper 29er Frameset

After beating the hell out of my back this weekend- I'm flirting with the idea of full sus- any interest in this frame anyone?

Specialized Stumpjumer M5 29er frame, 17.5" (medium size)
PF30 Bottom bracket shell- bearings included (can include SRAM S-1250 2x10 crankset as well)
Top pull Front mech (can also be included)
1.125-1.5 headtube
27.2 seatpost size (post can also be included)

Its been ridden about a dozen times, and is in almost mint condition- just a little rubbing on the headtube from some cable housing.

Its the frame that comes on this bike, in the grey colour:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/stumpjumper/stumpjumpercomp29

Price dependent on what-if any of the above parts, people would want with it- but frame alone would be £550 obo.

Re: FS: Spec Stumpjumper 29er Frameset

Why not buy a USE suspension seat post ?!?
They do work.

Could do- but they are really only a plaster. I also don't like the idea of my leg extension changing every time it compresses.
They just don't offer all the other benefits of full-sus. (And the USE clamps have had some reliability issues)

The Sumo head seems to be fairly reliable............ What is also a good alternative is a softer (same type of) saddle & a lighter softer rear wheel.......... or just by steel or titanium in the first place !!

The point is: frame for sale!