Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MT's MTB Meander - June 21st

Dear All
Tonight's ride will be a gentle pre-Mayhem leg-stretcher and nothing more (around 20 flat miles, with some short road stretches)
The pub-stop/finish is likely to be early-ish, depending on conditions, mechanicals, etc.

Be prepared for a slippy/sticky/wet/confusing evening!

Re: MT's MTB Meander - June 21st

Mark T
Dear All

Be prepared for a slippy/sticky/wet/confusing evening!

You're promising an exciting evening Mark, I hope you live up to expectations.

I'll be out, Tony

Re: MT's MTB Meander - June 21st

The slippy/sticky/wet bit is out of my hands, so to speak. The confusing bit is down to the fact that I haven't quite figured out where we're going (well kind of).

See you later, come rain or rain.

Re: MT's Massive MTB Meander - June 21st

Good ride tonight Mark. The ride home for me into that wind and rain was the icing on the cake. But thanks for checking I was Ok. 43 miles. Not my all time record, but very near it.

I definitely think you qualify for an award for 'longest ride home from the pub'. Glad you made it.
I know some of your neighbours in the hilly west would shudder at the prospect of doing that journey for such a flat ride!
See you soon,

Mark

You'll be pleased to here I got home OK too Pete.

I was listening to the wind pick up about 10 mins after I left you, Pete, and you had my sympathy if not my company.
If it makes you feel any better I had a race with someone who thought he was fast as I headed home. I recorded my highest heart rate of the night, but I humiliated him.