Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
There's a Red house over yonder

Weather looks good!! Anyone else fancy popping a piriton & heading for the home of the FAT Tache?
......... ............. .........

See what road riding does to you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcjoWL6hJg8

Re: There's a Red house over yonder

Piriton? Ahhh...blissssssss!
After last Thursday's ride through the nettly overgrowth and subsequent mosquito attack in the pub garden, Piriton came to my rescue.

However, I have other entertainment planned tonight - I'm attending a production of "Pirates of the Curry Bean" at Over School - my son is keeping up the family tradition and playing a rat.

Laters; Thurs.

PT

Yep.

Did you guys get wet last night-not been offroad for ages so did a solo up the Roman Road to linton----in the woods near the water tower the rain was pelting down, the trees gave virtually no cover, water was running through there like a river-thought I would drown, never ridden in rain like it. Only lasted 30 mins or so then showery home.

Duncan changed his plans. I went out alone. Got home twenty minutes after the rain started. It was pretty heavy. The trails are waterlogged in places. Very messy indeed.

Hi Rick,
Yes, decided to go offroad bike camping on Exmoor/Bredon/ Quantocks with Marky boy...... Pissed with rain, but great fun !! Hope to see you this week.

Should have done it in the summer-------oh, hang on, it is summer----isn't it?--