Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carpenter's Arms?

It's probably too warm and dry to ride a bike but I'm planning to anyway. Anyone else out? Tony

Re: Carpenter's Arms?

Hi Tony, Im new to the area and dont know any of the trails. I found this forum whilst trawling the WWW for information on MTB in Cambridge, I thought I would come along this evening and introduce myself.
Cheers Pete M.

Tony, I share your concerns about the state of the trails. They may well be too dry. I think I'll risk it though. I'm doing a Dom - plan to leave the pub at 6.45...

Dom

It seems I may have Champs Elysee induced heatstroke, so my comeback will have to wait until Thursday.

It was worth it though...

Will it be as good as Lance's?

If you mean Lance Percival, then yes, I expect so...

Certainly I can guarantee 'shame and scandal in the family'. (go on, look it up)

That's a bit unfair - I'm only going for a ride with Tony Tiger, not walking with a zombie.

Wikipedia I love you!

Here's the Bradley Wiggins article we were talking about.

Good ride - and well done Pete on your first time out. You never know, it may get easier!

Dom

Big Bad Dom
Here's the Bradley Wiggins article we were talking about.

Good ride - and well done Pete on your first time out. You never know, it may get easier!

Dom

Thanks Dom, and everyone else, for making me feel very welcome. I had a Great time, once I increase my fittness im sure it will become easier. I havent been put off, although there were a few rutts that tried to throw me off (unsuccessfully). I will be back.

Most enjoyable last night, well done Pete, the pace can be a bit daunting at first but you soon get used to the style of riding round here!
Ruts-blimmin horrible things, had more people off around here than any other hazard---including beer!